Useful Lyme forums for your questions
LymeDisease.org runs a Yahoo group called Lymeparents. Go to Yahoo groups, create a login in and search for the Lyme parents group and request to join. There are often state groups as well.
Two additional forums where many parents of kids with Lyme and tick co-infections post that you may want to look at:
No time to keep up with the latest research? Join the Yahoo group LymeInfo and select daily digest to receive a daily update.
Nonprofit Lyme Organizations
There are many and here are a few.
- LymeAid 4 Kids, a non-profit providing grants for Lyme testing for kids without medical insurance
- More grants for kids: LymeLight Foundation
- The Children's Lyme Disease Network.org, a must see website for parents
- Lyme Disease Challenge, a fun and powerful activity for your family to promote hope and Lyme awareness on social media
- Lyme Disease Association.org, a wealth of great articles, around since 1991
- LymeDisease.org - also the home of MyLymeData, where you can add your data anonymously to help researchers find a cure for Lyme
- Lyme Action Network
- Global Lyme Alliance (GLA), funds Lyme research and education efforts
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS), the forward thinking leader in Lyme research and education, see below
- Lyme Research Alliance, another group committed to a cure as well as a place to find an LLMD
Links for official US agency information on Lyme disease, including the guidelines you should take to your doctor from ILADS.
- ILADS New Standard of Care Guidelines, see here at National Guidelines Clearinghouse, Evidence assessments and guideline recommendations in Lyme disease: the clinical management of known tick bites, erythema migrans rashes and persistent disease.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Lyme page: CDC Lyme Disease
- National Institutes of Health Lyme information: NIH Lyme
- IDSA: Lyme Disease, this is organization that developed the older set of Lyme guidelines which doctors have used.
- Join the Yahoo group LymeInfo and select daily digest to receive a daily update of recent research.
- The Use of Dapsone as a Novel “Persister” Drug in the Treatment of Chronic Lyme Disease/Post Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome (2016)
- New Cause for Lyme Disease Complicates Already Murky Diagnosis-Scientific American (2016)
- George Mason University researchers announce groundbreaking Lyme Urine Test (2016)
- Virginia Commonwealth University Researchers create Lyme vaccine for pets, working on human one now (2016)